Acupuncture can restore proper balance to the Qi (pronounced “chee”) through a network of channels or meridians which are connected to all parts of the body including your organs.
The potential benefits of acupuncture include:
- increasing peripheral circulation
- augmenting skin and muscle blood flow
- decreasing heart rate
- reducing elevated blood pressure
- helping autonomic nervous system
- boosting immune function
- balancing reproductive hormones
Other benefits of acupuncture are:
- very few side effects
- very effective combination treatment (such as with chiropractic treatment)
- help patients who do not respond to pain medications or do not wish to take pain medications
Treatments such as acupressure, auriculotherapy, herbal medicine, therapeutic cupping, Gua Sha, moxibustion, Tui Na, and nutritional modification are known to be beneficial when accompanied with acupuncture.